Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Character Design & Project Updates!

Miguel Barriga (biggmiggz.deviantart.com), the artist working on Bay Side Blues, sent me this sketch yesterday.  It's an updated character design for Miaka Sakamoto, the Japanese assassin and thief who's featured in the pages of Bay Side Blues#1, which comes out September 25th, 2013.  

As you can see, Miaka looks a little different than she does on the cover that Steve Oaks (siriussteve.deviantart.com) colored.  Miguel swapped the skintight jumpsuit and belts for a simpler design, and also added some goggles and a backpack.  He also changed her hair color and some basic facial features in order to make her appear more Asian.



Miguel also told me that he's sketched out the first 18 pages of Bay Side Blues #1 and should be able to start cranking out pages soon.  Writers often talk about the feeling you get when new pages come in, and let me tell you, it is real, it is exciting, and it is indescribable.  



I'm also looking forward to my next project, Take It To The Grave, a horror-noir.  I'm in talks with an artist from India who I was introduced to on Deviant Art, and as you can see, his pencil-and-ink work is exemplary.  I only know him by his username Jadool (jadool.deviantart.com), and he's rarely online, but he's expressed interest in doing the cover for the first issue, which will appear as an ad on the back inside cover of Bay Side Blues #1.  After that, it's all up in the air.  I'm hoping to release the first issue of Take It To The Grave sometime in December of 2013.

That's all that's worth telling on my end right now!  Remember to click on the subscribe via e-mail button if you want the latest blog updates, and don't forget that Bay Side Blues #1 comes out September 25th, 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I see that you did contact Jadool. He was the one I recommended to you, right?

    Love the redesign on Miaka. Sometimes the artist come up with a more creative approach. :)

    ReplyDelete